Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3 things that have made me smile

1. Emmie and her patting. I love it when I pick her up and she pats my arm with her little hand. It's adorable and always makes me smile.

2. Today as I was rushing Ainsley to get ready for school (there may or may not have been a bit of yelling:) Owen came into the bathroom wearing Ainsley's glasses, coat, and backpack and said, "I'm ready!" Had I not been so annoyed with my firstborn at the moment I would have appreciated the hilariousness of it all at the time, not 10 minutes later.

3. Ainsley came to me very seriously, almost in tears, and asked if we could talk alone. When I asked her what was going on she explained that she had been looking at some presents that Grandma Dinger had left at our house.

(The gifts that were hiding in my bedroom because of a certain one year old who won't leave wrapped gifts wrapped. And apparently this certain one year old had still managed to tear one of the gifts a bit.)

Ainsley explained, while holding back tears, that she had seen one of the gifts to her and was so upset by it that I just had to smile and ask her if it was a good one! At least I know I have one honest child! Because unfortunately the other one that is old enough to talk struggles with telling the truth.

By the way, she loved the gift, but asked that I keep it a secret so that her dad and Owen would still think it was a surprise.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I hope Hailey turns out even a little bit like Ainsley. She is wonderful! (Ainsley is . . . not Hailey)

SD and EJ said...

Okay, Ainsley is the sweetest thing on earth. And it's good that she liked the present. Owen is hilarious. And I love baby pats! Ash still pats me sometimes and I think it's the cutest thing ever.