Monday, December 27, 2010

The Best Christmas Guest

This year we were honored with a very special guest on Christmas eve. The "real" Santa visited us this year! It was very exciting for us all. Especially Emmie, who was so excited she screamed with fear.
I heard a rumor that Santa would be stopping by for a surprise visit a short while before he came. And I was very grateful he was coming because Ainsley's cousin had told her that our Elf on the Shelf "Jingle" wasn't real. Ains has been struggling with this and I just wasn't ready for the magic of Christmas to be over for her. This was the perfect opportunity for Santa to tell Ainsley that he knew Jingle and had heard she had been good.
The moment when the door flew open, the bells rang loudly, and Santa called out "ho ho ho!" the kids eyes were wide with excitement. But things only got better when he was able to call them by name and recall the report that Jingle had given him. I will never forget the look on Ainsley's face when he started talking about Jingle. It was priceless. He chatted with the kids for a bit. He even told them that Rudolph was a bit naughty. Owen was a little nervous but sat on Santa's lap and gave his Christmas request like a pro.
Santa only stayed for a minute. It was a busy night after all. But the excitement it brought to our night was incredible. I wish we could have the real Santa visit us every year. There's just something extra cool about having Santa in your house.
And here are the kids in their new pj's. Anxious to get to bed knowing that Santa was in the area and they needed to be in bed soon.

And here's our family picture for the night. Don't we all look happy!
And last but not least. A little announcement.
How far along do you think I am? By the looks of it I'd say 6 months. With a food baby. John's amazing photography skills were able to capture my food baby and my double chin. In one shot. I swear I don't look that bad. I hope! At least there's no doubt that I enjoyed the holiday food this year!
(Sorry for the mean trick! But John and I were both amazed at this picture and how I legitimately look pregnant. Gotta have a little fun with the pregnant trick every now and again right?! And for the record, there are absolutely NO babies in the plan for this family. I think we may be calling it quits :)

6 comments:

shellydinger said...

Jessica! My heart jumped into my throat with your "little announcement" bit. The kids came running to see what I was gasping about. You are crazy. (Emmie just gets cuter and cuter with every picture)

Alene said...

That pajama picture is beautiful (which reminds me--we didn't get a Christmas card this year. I want either a card or just the picture.) And as for the "food baby" I bet it's more just bad- posture-while-working-at-the- counter than actual extra tummy.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! I was seriously so excited, you stinker! I thought,"Well, that's what they get for deciding they are done!" ha ha ha.

And I love the family pic, by the way. :)

**KT

SD and EJ said...

I'm so glad Ainsley's belief in Santa was restored! She's still got a couple of good believing years left. And I got a little excited at the end there for a second when I read "little announcement," but then decided it had to be a trick. Cute family picture.

Melanie said...

Jess, you are hilarious. I can't stop laughing! I'm happy you guys had such a great Christmas.

lisa said...

i love reading your blog and your sense of humor lol. how fun to have santa stop by on christmas eve. Thats a cute idea! btw you r not fat at all my friend!!