Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cascade

Last weekend we were invited by Tanner and Danielle (whom we went to Arizona with a couple of years ago) to go to Tanner's parents cabin in Cascade. Not only was the cabin gorgeous...but the weekend was amazing. We were completely secluded. There were no other homes for miles. There were no plans or agendas, just a laid back weekend. There was a ton of snow, and therefore lots of sledding and snowshoeing (a first for our family). My stomach still gets a little knot in it when I think of John and Ains in show shoes halfway across a frozen lake. We played games, talked, ate good food, played outside, and slept. It was amazing. I'm secretly hoping they invite us back often.




































(BTW, I can't figure out what is wrong with my picture settings lately, but notice the different looks on Owen and Ainley's faces as they sled down a hill. Priceless. Especially since we have about 20 of Ainley's face looking completely weird going down that hill.)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your friends are cool. If they are looking for new friends to add to their circle of greatness, please forward our family resume to them. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun! We went snowshoeing recently too. I loved it.

kt

shellydinger said...

That looks beautiful! I don't think I know a single person who has ever been snow shoeing. What a unique experience that must have been.