Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that my sister in law, Paige, found some floor storage in our van that we didn't even know we had! (Ours is currently still empty, but if we were cool, it would look like this........) Unfortunately the bad news list is longer. The first bad news is that not only did I get a cold sore last week (which I hate because they are ugly, disgusting, and hurt.) Then I twisted my ankle. I was carrying Emmie into the garage and stepped down onto a shoe that I didn't see on the floor. I rolled my ankle and fell all the way to the cement floor. I'm an amazing mother though because Emmie remained unscathed. The other bad news is that because of the awkward sleeping positions I was in for several nights I threw out my back. Sunday morning I woke up not being able to move at all. It was a bad day. Picture the scabby nasty cold sore on my lip, a swollen ankle, and being practically immobile while trying to do sharing time. After a few days of visiting with the chiropractor, and letting my foot heal, I'm finally almost better. I still have to move cautiously, but I'm not in constant pain. And then bad news struck again!!!!I found 2 weevil on the floor of my pantry today! Will there be no end to the bad news?! The weird thing is that I found 2 weevil in the bottom of a canister of oats a few months ago. After freaking out, I cleaned out the entire pantry and found 1 more weevil, but none in food. I thought I had taken care of the problem. And then today I find a weevil skin AND a LIVE weevil. I'm still freaked out. But I did the same thing again. I sifted through tons of food. Threw out any food that had been sitting in the pantry for a while. But I still couldn't find a single but in any of my food. I'm to the point where I think I just have to let it go. I would definitely sleep better at night if I could find the source of the weevil though! I guess at least my pantry is spotless right now. Wish I could say the same for the rest of my house...........

4 comments:

alene said...

If you have cracks between the wall and your shelves, that is where the weevils will be. I can't remember what I put down in the cracks in my old house, but it did the trick.

Anonymous said...

It's just a little extra protein, I wouldn't worry so much. :)
Just kidding, I hate those things so much!! I have thrown out TONS of food in the past trying to deal with them. Good luck. And sorry about your back and ankle and cold sore! No fun!

kt

SD and EJ said...

Yuck about everything! Do you love your van?

Kohl said...

I hate weevils! Sorry about all your aliments. Hope you start having more good news!