Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break

I'm finally getting around to posting about our spring break get away. Because we're weird, we decided that instead of heading for sunshine we'd go somewhere where the snow was still piled up 12 feet tall (I'm not kidding)! We actually got invited to go to a cabin with some friends in our ward. We have a new rule that we will only be friends with people who have cabins available for use in their family. Totally kidding. But it is a weird coincidence that we were invited to friends family cabins twice in a 2 month period. It left us wondering why our parents won't bite the bullet and buy cabins in remote locations for us to use? But enough of my rambling, I'll tell you a bit about our trip.

We went to Island Park. I had never been there before, but it was really pretty and a lot of fun.
We got to do some snowmobiling (which I had never done before.) Not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty amazing on a snowmobile...and by amazing I mean I can go a reasonable speed and keep the machine upright). Since there just happened to be 3 snowmobiles, and 3 couples, and because one couple had kids old enough to babysit, we got to go out for a couple hours one night for a ride without any kids! Sore! We were in search of moose. No moose were found. But we did end up at this pretty spot on the river.

I think snowmobiling was the highlight for the kids and I (maybe not John, he got sick from the exhaust and was a little cranky about the excessive snowmobile rides.)
The kids also had fun digging out snow caves in the back yard...
And the sledding was fun too.
It was a nice 4 days away from home full of fun and relaxation!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is a good policy to only have friends with nice cabins (and kids old enough to babysit)!

Alene said...

Remember last year when you went to McCall and John forgot his coat, so had to wear that wierd, was it purple?? . . .

jessica said...

Alene: We were just laughing about that last night!

Anonymous said...

Shoot does that mean we can't be friends? We have a goal to get a cabin some day . . . does that count? :)

Looks fun!

kt

EJ said...

I wish I was more adventurous like you. Every time I think about my kids having to sleep somewhere besides my house, I get anxiety. Maybe when they get a little older, I won't freak out as much. It sounds like you had fun!