Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Light Parade

The studio where Ainsley takes piano lessons decided they wanted to have a float in the Meridian light parade this year.  It sounded like a wonderful idea.  So Ains signed up.  And I volunteered to help out.  And then it got really cold.  Like 2 degrees cold.  And then the parade didn't sound so fun anymore.  But we went.  We started out all smiles. 

John sat with the kids and watched while Ains and I walked.  The full on snow gear and hand and foot warmers didn't seem to be touching the bitter cold that night.
Finally they saw us walking by. 
And then they left because they were so cold!  And then Ainsley and I made them come pick us up because we were so cold!  I don't think I warmed up for days.  But...we got to light ourselves up and walk in a parade.  So I guess it was all worth it.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Poor Emmie and Owen. They look hilarious (only because I was warm in my home). What a supportive family!

EJ said...

I think I'm getting old because I hate, hate being cold and I'm cold all the time. The parade looks fun, though!