Friday, May 30, 2014

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's day.  John's meetings were shortened in the morning (he's the ward clerk now) and even though he had to take care of tithing after church the kids were (for the most part) helpful and we all had a nice day.  The kids gave me awesome cards and gifts.  But I think the thing I will always most remember about this mothers day was how Emmie stole my gift. 

She came home from preschool one day with a wrapped package and a card for me.  She told me she was going to save it for me for  mother's day.  You can imagine the anticipation I felt.  And then one day Emmie started wearing this new necklace.  She loved it.  The blue beads on it were her favorite.  I had to retie the necklace many times that week and search for last beads.  Then on Mother's day I realized that Emmie had given me her card, but not her gift.  Upon investigation we learned she had unwrapped my gift and kept it for herself because she loved it so much.  Too cute.

1 comment:

KT said...

She is a total crackup. So much spunk!