Friday, May 30, 2014

The other Project

We also had some serious work that needed done in our yard.  I don't think much had been done in it for a few years.  And what better time to take on a major yard project than when you're in the middle of a major cabinet project?  We (honestly mostly I) hauled out all the bark in our front three flower beds.  Originally I wanted to get the back done too...but I gave up.  It is amazing how much bark I cleaned out.  I'd say a complete truck full if not more! I even had help from our missionaries one afternoon as they saw me working outside.  They took pity on me and worked in their shirt and ties.    We had major pruning and weeding that needed done as well.  It all got done in about a week.  I still have the battle wounds from the trees I fought.  But after 2 HUGE loads to the dump, 2 yards of bark, and a new tree and new plants for the front yard it is finished!  I even got he garden planted.  Our garden might be lame this year.  Just sayin.

This is just what I pruned off of one tree.
We had about 12 rocks randomly spread around our yard.  It was a bit much.  I moved a bunch and gave a bunch away.  Those things are heavy!  Good thing I'm so tough.
Ahh, the joy of being finished (in the front at least).

No comments: