Friday, February 6, 2015

McCall Winter Carnival

The last time we went to the McCall winter carnival Emmie was 2 months old and I packed her around in a snuggli inside my coat.  Flash forward 5 years an we decided to head up for the day with some friends.  We got up early Saturday morning and were on the road before 8:30.  The drive there was painful...2 hours full of whining, fighting, and crying.  When will that end?!?  But, luckily when we got there attitudes seemed to change a bit.  We walked around to look at the sculptures (which seemed fewer this year than in the past.  I'm guessing because of the extreme lack of snow this year!)



The we picked a place to watch the parade.  I should make mention that the McCall parade is one of the best parades I have ever been too.  It's Mardi Gras style so they throw beads and candy.  By the end of the parade every kid had a neck full of beads and a hat full of candy (we forgot bags).  And this parade has actual floats and performances.  I love it!


We stood right in front of the pizza place we wanted to eat lunch at.  So that halfway through the parade the men could go order pizza and get a table.  The plan worked beautifully, and when the parade ended we walked with our families and sat right down to lunch while the thousands of other people lining the streets headed to restaurants to wait in line.  I'm not sure what prompted the migration to McCall this winter, but the carnival was way busier than I've ever seen it.  Low gas prices perhaps?
 
 After we were all sufficiently fed and had spent enough time in town we ventured out for some sledding. 





 We had a lot of fun on the hill and successfully wore the kids out before the drive home that evening.  Needless to say the drive home was much quieter than the drive there.  A perfect little Saturday trip.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Fun!! I'm so jealous. I really, really want some snow!