Monday, February 2, 2015

The Party

Ains got to have a friend party this year. We went with the theme "Cupcake Wars" and I must say it was perfect.  I had lots of cake mixes and mystery ingredients that they had to incorporate.  Each team baked and decorated their cupcakes and even presented them to the judges.
 
 



 I was a little nervous when one team chose a strawberry cake mix and wanted to mix in marshmallows (a lot of marshmallows!) and then put marshmallow cream in the middle.  And the other team chose a chocolate cake mix and added in a pudding mix and then more reese's peanut butter cups than one might think humanly possible.  Let's just say that the cupcakes tasted waaay better than I thought they would.  I was pleasantly surprised!

 Each team presented 3 cupcakes to the judges.  They were judged on taste and presentation.

 The judges used their distinguished palette's and knowledge of baking while making their decision.

 In the end both teams were declared winners!  Shocker!!!  And each girl went home with an apron, a prize, and a bunch of cupcakes!
The party seriously went so well!  The girls had so much fun and were all so kind and nice.  I'm grateful that Ainsley has such nice friends.  Truly grateful.

1 comment:

EJ said...

What a cool idea! I may have to steal it one day.