Friday, February 6, 2015

The Rubic's Cube

Owen is most definitely my OCD/hands on kid.  Give him paper, string, or loom bands and he is entertained for hours.  Folding, threading, looming, or whatever else, if his hands are busy then he is typically calm and happy.  Enter the rubics cube.  Owen has been fiddling with this thing for over a  year.  For some reason they got big on the playground last year. (A great thing to get popular on the playground if you ask me!)  Owen has been trying to master it for quite a while.  for a long time he was able to get one side the same color, but not the whole cube.  He has had multiple uncles walk him through the steps and just hasn't been able to completely solve it. 

Recently he found the instructions that came with the cube.  I didn't even realize we had instructions!  Owen began spending time sitting in bed working it out.  And sure enough, he solved it!  And now he is working on memorizing it.  His mind amazes me!  What a little smarty pants :)

3 comments:

Alene said...

I am in awe of anyone who can do a Rubik's cube.

KT said...

wow, that's pretty amazing! :) I don't think I could do it if my life depended on it!

EJ said...

I have never understood the Rubik's cube. Way to go, Owen!