Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trek...In the beginning...

John and I have been asked to be a Ma and Pa for the youth trek experience this summer. We are super excited! Well, honestly, one of us is excited...the other has more of a tolerating attitude at this point. So we have been in the process of gathering our gear, attire, and most importantly making our rice baby. My children love the rice baby. We've named her Pippa. Emmie especially loves little Pippa. She slept with her and lugged around 10 pounds of rice for a week before she tore through the fabric. A little rice was lost (I'm not complaining) but I felt I should take her away for safe keeping.
And here we are dressed up for the kick off fireside.  I love this picture because at first glance you just think, "Oh, John and Jess dressed as pioneers. Nice."  But then you look a little closer and you think, "Wow, they both look creepy!"  Ya, were that cool.

1 comment:

EJ said...

pippa is so cute! And I'm a little jealous of you guys. It'll be awesome!