Thursday, August 27, 2009

A walk down memory lane....

My youngest sister just left the nest and started her life at BYU. John was able to take a couple of days off work so I took off with my parents to show her the ropes before she was left all alone. The last time she was at BYU was when she visited me at my Riviera apartment. I don't know that she has ever been up on campus.

It was so fun to be down there again. Especially with out kids, made me feel more like a student again and less like a mom...although I'm sure my tummy was a quick giveaway to any onlookers. I haven't walked around campus (other than the Bean Museum and the Wilk) in years...and I loved it! I have nothing but fond memories of that place. I was jealous that I didn't get to stay! I remember my first few weeks as a freshman very well. And while there were a few tears shed on my part, and I was scared out of my mind, it was the beginning of the most amazing four years. I always seemed to have great roommates, girls that I still keep in touch with today. And I had more fun then than I ever have, maybe I need to try to be that fun again...although that might just make me look like a crazy lady. I would love it if I could jump back in time and live the life of a college student again for a week or two, wouldn't that be nice!

I got home late last night and was thrown right back into mommydom. I came home to a puking Ainsley and a worn out husband from dealing with puking Ainsley. So my night was full of illness, baths, and cleaning, and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty sure my day will be full of the same today. At least I got a short break from reality...I needed it!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had some pretty great roommates at BYU too ;)

Dinger said...

Everyone needs a mommy break! So sorry it couldn't last. BYU is great, I felt the same way when we went back a few weeks ago. Hope the family gets better.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget those first few days at BYU........or years for that matter! Such awesome times. And amazing roommates. I feel the same about my time at BYU....loved it.

**KT

PS: my kids are puking too. so fun.

SD and EJ said...

I love BYU! And I'm sorry about the puking Ains.

shellydinger said...

I vote for you to become a crazy lady - they are always the most fun. (as opposed to "crazy mom", which is a nicer way of saying "mean mom" in our family)

Kohl said...

I had awesome roommates too!:) I would love to live the college days again as long as I didn't have homework and didn't have to take any tests! :)

Sheri said...

College wouldn't have been the same without you and your wackiness. Loved it, loved it, loved it - wish we could all be together again!

Dancing Queen said...

I think we're gaining a consenses (sp?) here. . . we'll all jump back in time together, for a week or two. It definately was filled with lots of crazy fun and awesome roommates and friends. We did campus a month or so ago. . . great memories.

Ashlee said...

Awww, the Riv. Such fond memories. Who knew that such a dumpy place would bring so many people together.....