Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

We did a big Christmas Eve dinner and "program" at our house this year. My parents and Michael and Sydney joined us for the festivities. We had an Italian feast for dinner. We had WAAAAYYY too much food. Lasagna, stuffed shells, shrimp, meatballs, bruschetta, chicken parmesan, lots of bread and salad. It was soooo good! Owen sat like that at the table from the moment it was set. He was so tired. I've never seen him sit that still for that long.

Notice my cute place tags... (I know, I'm amazing!)

Ainsley was in charge of the program this year. She kind of recreated the Nativity she was in for our ward's Christmas party. She used all her stuffed animals to represent the different people. Carebear was lucky enough to be cast as baby Jesus, and Fozzy won the part of Joseph.
Ains and Owen also dressed up and we were all assigned parts to read. Here are everyone's parts. Ains made them up herself. :)
I am the donkey
I love to run
But tonight it’s time for me
To go to the Stable

I am the Ox
Still and small
Someday I’ll grow
Today I see my savior
With my care

We are the angel’s
Who announced
the birth
Of the baby boy

I am Joseph
I care for my son
My newborn son great and holy
We are the Shepards
Gifts we bring to our newborn king
Holy and giving


I am the baby
Asleep in the hay
I am the reason for Christmas day

I am Mary the mother mild
How I love
my tiny child

I am the star
Bright and shiny
So people know
That this baby Jesus is born
Afterward for a game we played "hot and cold" with one of the kids balls. Not quite sure how that tied in, but it was fun.
After the program the kids opened their Christmas Eve pajamas. Poor Emmie missed all of the Christmas Eve festivities due to the long nap she took. Maybe she'll make it into the pj photo next year.

1 comment:

Dancing Queen said...

Did Ains really write that? I'm impressed. Sounds fun.