Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Amid all the crazy this summer we managed to get some work done too.  I think John was ready to be done with me when I made him work 2 full Saturdays in a row.  He doesn't like physical work like I do :)  We painted shutters on the house, painted the porch swing, he fixed a lawn mower, did yard work, cleanded out kids bedrooms, fixed light fixtures, and (wait for it) I FINALLY go Owen's room painted.  When we moved into this house his room was a dark brown, and I hated it.  So I painted it a beige color.  I've hated it from the moment I put it on the wall.  And here we are 5 years later and Owen finally has a room that has decorations on the wall and decent paint on the walls.  I'm really happy with how it turned out. 
The non-green wall is really a grey color. but there is a slight blue tint to it....just not as much as these pictures make it look :)
 
And this is what Owen has haning on his door....
"If you come in my room you have to be my butler."
"No girls allowed.  Pay 10 dollars.  Owens room."

5 comments:

Alene said...

It looks very nice.

EJ said...

The paint looks awesome (and I'm sure it looks even better in person)!

KT said...

Looks great!

shellydinger said...

I love those colors together.

Elizabeth said...

The butler sign rocks!!! Oh and the paint looks pretty good too.