Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Island Park Part 1

Several months ago I decided that my family needed to go on a vacation together.  We haven't in a while and we've grown by two in laws this year.  What better way to welcome them to the family than by making them vacation and spend days with you on end?  Unfortunately, Michael was sick and so he and Rachelle ditched us.  And Syd and Cy were only able to be there for part of the time. But don't worry, I'll make them pay for that for years to come.  The trip was still really fun....so I'm going to write more than anyone wants to know about it, you know, for posterity!

We started out on a Wednesday morning.  Our first destination was at a Frost Top in Ashton Idaho.  It was all we dreamed of.  There's no better way to start a vacation than with a greasy burger and fries.  It was delicious!

Then we headed to our second destination.  Mesa Falls.  It was pretty impressive...as was the face Emmie insisted on making in all of the pictures we took of her.


 We got to our cabin in Island Park that night and got settled in.  We stayed at my friend Brooke's families cabin.  John and I were there with the kids in March for Spring break.  At that time there was still several feet of snow on the ground and the roads were lined with about 10 feet of snow.  So this time Island Park could have been a completely different town....it looked totally different. 
 
We were up early the next morning and headed off to a fishing pond.  After several hours every kid was able to catch a fish.  My dad and  John however were not, they were the losers of the day.  Sorry guys.
You can tell from this shot how intense we are when we are fishing. 


After fishing we ended up having an impromptu tennis tournament.  There were no pictures taken, so I could lie and say that John and I were good.  But we weren't.  We were the biggest losers.  Kort and Dan however finally defeated my dad, it was a pretty intense afternoon.  Oh, and now Owen wants to take tennis lessons.  It had a big impact on him :)

1 comment:

EJ said...

I'm excited to hear about everything you did there (in case we go next year)!

Do your kids like fishing? I've never been in my life and probably never will.
It looks fun though!