Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Festivities

We spent our weekend checking a few items off of our holiday "must do" list.  We spent some quality time in the car driving around town looking at Christmas lights.  (With minimal fighting I might add.)
The brief "milkshake intermission" was nice too. 

We made lots of goodies and gave out lots of treats to friends and family.  And not to brag, but I killed the holiday sweets this year.  Seriously, I might make myself a #1 ribbon to wear.  If I'm feeling cool next year I'll make the same thing again.  But if I'm being honest with myself there is a good chance that might no happen, goodies for the neighbors has become kind of hit and miss for me :)

Owen was a super good helper.
 We also celebrated my Mom's birthday.  It was yesterday.  While it was fun to get together I still am of the opinion that Sunday birthdays are lame.  John, Ains, and I all have Sunday birthdays this year.  Yay!
Notice Rachelle and Michael are in the picture.  They moved here!  Last week.  Michael starts BSU next semester.  I think it's going to be fun to have them here, and you can tell by the picture that they are really excited too.
Sunday John and I also celebrated our 12th anniversary.  A dozen years together. Anniversary's on Sundays are kind of like birthdays on Sundays in my opinion, a little lame. But we got to eat cake that some one else made us!  Because of the severe shortage of pictures of John and I together and the severe laziness of me to go dig out wedding pictures, I will post this beauty to convey the love that has blossomed over the last 12 years.  A lovely shot of us at Lake Louise.  Are we adorable?
So as not to be completely lame, we celebrated our anniversary a few weeks ago.  My parents took the kids for us for a night and we even got to go to lunch today.  We really know how to live it up!

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I was just thinking, "How have they been married for 12 years?" and then I realized I've been married for 7. Crazy! Happy anniversary.

Fun Christmas activities! I wish you lived by me and brought me some of those delish looking treats.

And I'm with you on the Sunday birthdays. Super lame. You can always celebrate a different day, but it just isn't the same.

shellydinger said...

I love the snarky voice that comes through in your writing.

jdinger said...

I don't think Jess knows when my birthday is. My birthday will be on Thursday.

KT said...

Yes, I love your sass in this post! :) Your treats look amazing! And happy anniversary!