Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Santa

We've seen Santa twice this year. First at the ward party. That Santa sighting was a little weak since my kids immediately declared it wasn't the real Santa, they eventually declared that is was "Sadie's dad".  They were right. And that's about all I have to say about our ward party.

Fast forward a couple days....

Ainsely's primary teacher is the owner of our local Kneader's.  He told her that Santa was going to be at his store on Monday night.  So we took the kids for french toast and a visit with Santa.  Owen was skeptical again, and even had Emmie telling everyone that it wasn't going to be the real Santa.  Boy were we surprised when he walked in the door and it was the REAL SANTA!  The real Santa sat at our table.  Jealous?
We are sure he was the real Santa mostly because of his real beard.  That thing was not a fake. 
He also had a knowledge of toys that no grown man should have.  He knew that the La La Loopsy dolls don't have additional changes of clothes for purchase. 
There was no line of kids waiting to see him and so he took time to talk with each kid.  He asked them questions and made sure he knew exactly what they wanted.  He and Emmie had a lengthy discussion about the needs of ponies after she requested that of him for Christmas. Emmie is actually asking for chickens and a farm as well...she might be disappointed Christmas morning.  But Santa told her he might be able to do a My Little Pony instead.
 
John and I even got a turn...


4 comments:

shellydinger said...

alright, that is the best looking Santa - he's got to be the real deal. You look cute sitting on his lap. John looks hilarious.

EJ said...

I'm so glad you and Shelly are blogging again! That is a great Santa. My kids are going to see Santa again on Saturday and I'm not sure how I'm going to explain why the Santas look different. What did you tell Santa you want for Christmas?

jdinger said...

I aksed for a meat smoker and a gun. I don't think I will get either.

The Goob said...

That's because you are on the naughty list this year, John.