Friday, June 28, 2013

Our Trip to Roaring Springs

Every year Roaring springs has a reading program where kids can read to earn a free pass to the water park.  The tickets have to be used in June, and yesterday was the first truly hot day of the summer.  So we joined the masses and headed to the park to use our free tickets. ( I buddied up with others as well and was able to get the kids and I in for $15...can't complain about that!) 

The park was ridiculously busy so the majority of our day was spent in line.  I'm thinking we'll have to go back again with one of their summer deals and pick a day when the entire valley isn't there!

Ains and Owen were both determined to try the new ride "Cliff Hanger"  this year.  A ride where you stand in a capsule on a platform (with a window in it so you can see straight down) they ask you if you are ready, count down from 3 and the platform flips out from under your feet and you slide practically straight down for 6 stores.  Fun right!!!  We waited in line for well over and hour and finally had our turn.  Owen took 2 potty breaks while we were in line! I kept asking the kids if they were sure they wanted to do this.  And they kept insisting!  When we reached the last flight of stairs and I could see what we were getting ourselves into I was legitimately nervous.  But the kids persisted.  And I wasn't going to be the chicken of the 3 of us and make the walk of shame back down the stairs!  They insisted that I go first.  And while standing in that tube my heart was racing and I was breathing hard.  The floor shot out from under me and I immediately flew out.  And with a rush of water in my face and a huge wedgie I safely made it to the bottom.  Then I was nervous as I waited for Ains and Owen to join me at the bottom.  I had told them that even if they got in the tube and decided they didn't want to do it they could back out and I would meet them at the bottom.  Within seconds Ainsley shot out of the slide and then moments later Owen was there.  He was barely tall enough to ride the ride and he hopped up yelling, "That was AWESOME!" 
While we were waiting in line we got to see Emmie ride down her first thrill ride.  They have racing slides there that have no height requirement, the only trick is that everyone has to ride down by themselves.  I wasn't so sure Emmie would do it if I was there, but Kortney decided she was going to get her to do it.  So she took her girls and Emmie to race while they waited for us and to my surprise Emmie flew down on her own!  Screaming a bit...but good screams :)


I love that I have adventurous kids!!!  It makes me happy.

3 comments:

EJ said...

I would definitely have chickened out. Actually, I never would have stood in line. My favorite part of this post is when you said you had a wedgie. Funny.

shellydinger said...

You are an awesome mom. I would be the one to forbid them from even trying. That looks crazy!

Melanie said...

That sounds terrifying! You've got brave kids!!