Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Schedule


While our first 2 weeks of summer were action packed and busy, we are slowly settling into our summer schedule.  Which, if I'm being completely honest, is almost nonexistent.  We typically sleep in.  I can't seem to get out of bed before 8.  Then I go to the gym while the kids sleep in ridiculously late or if by chance they do get up work on their reading and math review and chores (how's that for being involved in their learning...here kids, read your library book and do your math on the computer while I'm at the gym :).  Then we are lazy until around 1:00 and then we find something to do.  We've managed to fill our afternoons with friends, $ movies, library, and other random adventures.  This week we're going to attempt using the kids free passes to the water park and maybe get in a little camping trip.  Who knows!  I guess that's the one good thing about me being so lazy about a schedule, we're always up for any sort of fun!

And just to mention Emmie, she learned to go cross-eyed last week.  It's funny because she gets her eyes that way by rolling her head in a circle.  And then we all laugh at her.  But this picture is most definitely the king of all Emmie pictures.  Her lipstick on (which she applies almost every day) her hair in true crazy Emmie Fashion, and her eyes crossed.  That's my girl!

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

How do you get your kids to sleep in?! I would LOVE to sleep until 8:00 AM. That picture is hilarious.

KT said...

Your schedule sounds just like ours! :) Also.....your Emmie is hilarious! That picture . . . so funny.

jessica said...

Steph...the trick is letting them stay up until 10:00. We're basically sacrificing our nights for lazy mornings. I wish I could have both!

shellydinger said...

Best Emmie picture ever! I so wish we had a dollar theater around here.