Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welch Family Weekend *Part 2

We woke up Saturday morning and headed down to the Greenbelt for a bike ride.  We surprised Owen with an early birthday present.  We opened up the car for him to get his bike out and his new bike was sitting there.  He has completely outgrown his old bike and wanted a bike with gears and a kick stand more than anything for his birthday.  We found this one on craigslist and it fit the bill.   I think he was really excited.   


While we look like we were all having fun (and we were...mostly) please rest assured that there was much whining and threatening going on.  On this day John and I decided that we would consider selling our oldest child. Possibly all three for the right price :)
After the bike ride, even though we were near exhaustion, Kortney convinced us to go up to the lake with them for the evening.  I was honestly a little reluctant, due to my severe tiredness, but I have issues turning down fun things.  John stayed home with Emmie because the thought of Emmie on a boat sounded a little less than fun, and since John is a self-proclaimed party pooper he was more than happy to stay home with her. 

In hindsight I wish I would have made them come.  The water was so low that there was a perfect little beach that Emmie would have loved to play on and it ended up being my favorite part of the weekend.  Because of the low water we would pull the boat right up to the beach area and we could start the kids on their tubes or knee boards right there.  And while they weren't on the boat they were perfectly happy playing in the sand and mud.


Bria and Ains were quite the little knee boarders.  Bria was a seasoned pro and I was surprised that Ains hopped on and rode forever!  She did great!  Owen tried but had less success, but He was just as happy with the tube ride.
I haven't successfully wake boarded since college.  In fact the last time I tried, about 5 years ago, I didn't even get up.  This time I got up.  But never quite got my footing.  I had about 5 pretty hard crashes and probably stayed up the longest for about 10-15 seconds.  My neck and back were SORE for the next 2 day!  I'd love to take some time to relearn.  It's just hard when there's 15 people all waiting for their turn. 
You'll notice that Kort has maintained her wakeboarding skill.
And although this picture is blurry, you'll notice that Dan kicks our trash in the wakeboarding department.  One day maybe I'll be that cool.  But probably not.
And that concluded Welch Family Weekend 2013!  Successful weekend I'd say!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Instead of selling your kids we should just trade for awhile. I'll even keep Carson. It might be an interesting experiment!

KT said...

What a fun weekend! Way to go, party animals! :)