Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another Trip to Salt Lake

We were in Utah twice this summer. We made the trip again so that we could see John's sister Melanie and her family.  We Rarely get to see her family (In fact I don't think I had seen her husband Burke since Owen was a baby), so it was well worth the drive!

While we were there John had a book signing at Benchmark Books for his new book on the Book of Mormon that came out.  I have never been able to go to anything that he spoke at but John's mom volunteered to watch the kids so I got to go!  I really enjoyed his presentation, it was actually very interesting.  And while I'm hoping he takes a break from writing for a while, I know he already has ideas brewing around in his head :) 


One of our days there we drove down to Provo to walk around BYU.  I always like being on campus and remembering my times there. 

We were even pleasantly surprised while we were walking around the BYU bookstore to see his book sitting there on the shelf...Cool eh?!



Another day there Melanie planned a beach party to go along with the new Disney movie that was coming out on the Disney channel. I honestly can't remember the name....Teen Beach Movie maybe?  The party was more memorable for me than the movie!  Mel plans a mean party.  The kids got to make sand art, leis, play water balloon volleyball, bowl with coconuts, and do battle while balancing coconuts on a spoon.  The kids had a blast!





And then on our last day there we went downtown and walked around temple square and the gateway. 

It was a fun trip but waaay to short.  We need all of our cousins to live closer so we can see them more often! 

1 comment:

EJ said...

I think we convinced my parents to do a reunion in Island Park next summer. It was so fun to see everyone!