Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Eve

This year we got a little adventurous for New Year's Eve.  John and I aren't huge fans of the holiday so this was a big deal.  We have some friends that take their family ice skating every year to ring in the new year.  Their youngest is only a couple of months older than Emmie.  So I thought we could do it.  So after dinner and lounging with family friends we headed to the rink.  
 

There ended up being quite a group of us.  Probably 7 families from our ward.  And you  know what?  It was actually fun and the kids did pretty well.  Emmie gets the award for most improved since our last skating venture.  Owen somehow got a little worse.  He took a pretty good fall early on an was overly cautious the rest of the night.  (The little girl that flew past us in the video is named Clara....and Owen loves her :)  Ains started out overly hesitant but that's just her nature :). She even kept going after 2 hard falls hurting her wrist.

 

John and I, of course, have no skill worth boasting about.  But the kids all made it until midnight!  Even Emmie was skating strong when the clock struck 12.  And surprisingly on the way home they were asking if we could do it again next year.  New tradition perhaps?


4 comments:

EJ said...

Ashlyn keeps begging me to take her ice skating, but I hate it so, so much (although I was probably 17 the last time I went). You've inspired me to maybe, possibly take her. We'll see.

shellydinger said...

I love Emmie pulling you with her frantic skate/running. Awesome.

KT said...

That looks super fun! I love ice skating. On New Year's Eve I went to bed at like 9:00 pm. Ha ha :)

Kohl said...

I can't believe you skated until midnight! We were all ready to fall into bed right after midnight.:) Looks like fun!!