Saturday, January 11, 2014

The End of an Era

Tomorrow will mark the end of an era for me.  I have a meeting with the Bishop to be officially released from primary tomorrow at 10:00.  I have been a counselor in primary for just under 4 years.  Emmie was 4 months old when I started. Ainsley was in the CTR 5 class, and Owen arrived as a Sunbeam while I was there.  I have been able to be with my kids at church for years. 
  • Mostly it was good. 
  • Sometimes it was funny(Emmie made me, and any ward member on the same side of the building, laugh as she sang songs she loved during singing time...her voice carries at an alarming rate).
  • Occasionally it was challenging (For example.... Last week when I had to stop in the middle of sharing time and reprimand my son.  Or on the occasions when Emmie refused to sit with her class and followed me around the primary room crying.).
I have really loved being in primary.  I can honestly say that there were moments I had in primary that I will cherish forever.  As much as I griped about having to prepare sharing times that was truly a time that I always felt the spirit strongly.  I love teaching much more than I love preparing apparently.  And I loved singing time.  It was my favorite.  It (almost) always made me happy. 

I feel completely content being done tomorrow.  I feel like as a presidency we accomplished a great deal.  Especially considering the extra crazy we dealt with at times.  Like the 3 babies born to presidency members over the span of 2 months during primary program time.  That was fun! 

But, with that being said, I'm ready for a change.  Although I'm a little nervous for what lies ahead.  I wonder where I will fit in? Maybe I'll get to do something else in primary. Which would be nice. Because I have become like a child on high doses of caffeine and sugar where church is concerned.  I don't think I can sit through 3 hours of church. Then again, maybe it won't be so bad.  Perhaps I'll start campaigning to be the Relief Society music leader.  Would it be to much to hang a  poster suggesting that near the bishop's office? I think I'm ready for a little down time.  But just a little.  And then I'll be ready for round 2 of primary!

5 comments:

Alene said...

If you get called to Activity Days, please send me some ideas!!

shellydinger said...

I think you just shot yourself in the foot . . .I see Young Women's in your future. (I love/hate primary too and miss it a lot)

SD and EJ said...

I'm so happy to be back in primary after a year off! You'll be awesome at whatever you do (and I'm excited to find out what it is).

Kohl said...

I just got put in the Primary Presidency as 2nd counselor after doing cub scouts for 3 years. It is bittersweet. I think sharing time is what scares me the most!! :)
Good luck with whatever your new calling ends of being. I'm sure you will be awesome at it, whatever it is!!

Melanie said...

Follow-up, please! I'm excited to hear what your new calling is... but maybe you can't post it here because you haven't been sustained in church yet? I'm with Shelly -- I'm betting for Young Womens.