Monday, July 13, 2015

A quick trip to Salt Lake

The morning after school got out we loaded up the car and headed down to Salt Lake.  John and his Dad were presenting a paper at The Mormon History Association Meeting and so the kids and I decided to tag along.  We stopped at the canyon near Twin Falls for a little picnic and to stretch our legs.  It was such a nice little area.  I wouldn't mind going back and spending some more time there one day.
Of course I was horrible about taking pictures.  We got to do a fun run at Ashlyn's school and go swimming, and the kids loved playing with cousins.  I actually remembered to take pictures on the day that we drove down to Provo and visited the Bean Museum and the Art Museum!



After our museum visits Steph and Eric earned their sainthood and took my kids back to Salt Lake for me so that I could go with John's mom to watch John and Steve's presentation.  I've never been able to see John present before!  And I loved it!  Maybe one day I'll actually become a history nerd and start going to full conferences?  Just maybe.   But my favorite part was when I looked over at a cute little lady sitting next to Alene and realized that she was sketching each presenter!  I should have thought to ask to buy the sketch off of her after the presentation.  I think that may have been the only time that John has been sketched before!
T

No comments: