Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Warm Lake


 Right before the Fourth of July and in the midst of planning for trek and nearly getting sued, I took the kids on a little camping trip.  Perfect timing, right? My friend Alison got the idea in her head that she wanted to take her kids camping even though her husband couldn't go.  And she also decided that my friend Heather and I should go with her with our children. So Alison drove up to Warm Lake the Sunday before the 4th with her family and they set up camp.  And then Heather and I loaded up our kids Monday morning and met her up there when her husband left. We crammed ourselves into her trailer....11 people!

I almost didn't go because I felt like I had too much going on.  But I had also been feeling guilty about how neglected my kids had been this summer with all that had been going on.  So I went.  And you know what?  I had an amazing time.
While I didn't take a single picture ( I don't even think I took my camera) I will say this...there was lots of swimming, tons of jumping off of the awesome rope swing (I even did it repeatedly!), lots of laughing, a lot of walking and biking, a bit of sleeping, and even more playing.  It was a great little getaway for my kids and I.  We had a blast.  And I actually took time to take a break from my stresses and enjoy my children!

And Warm Lake might be my new favorite. I'm definitely going back to go on that rope swing again!

1 comment:

KT said...

I'm just going to leave this last comment, here and tell you I've enjoyed all your many posts and catching up on your lives! Glad things are going well for you! Keep posting! :)