Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tween

I'm quickly learning that covering my oldest's body is becoming harder that it used to be.  This year swim suits have proven particularly tricky.  Take this suit for example....
After days of shopping we eventually decided to buy 2 of these suits.  A size 12 to give us more length on top and a size 10 for better bum coverage.  And then when the size 12 top still showed more tummy than Ainsley was comfortable with we added a ruffle to the bottom.
And not to brag or anything...but way to go me!!!  I also altered her another suit.  It was one that we had to buy in a size 14 to give her the body length she needed.  But it was baggy all the way around.  So I sewed up the sides with elastic thread.  My new favorite kind of thread.  Both of her suits now fit and don't look homemade!  Mission accomplished!

3 comments:

KT said...

Whoa! Nice work! :)

SD and EJ said...

You're awesome!

Brooke said...

I am super impressed!