Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Real

I've been thinking lately that my blog is not accurately representing the happenings in our family. My goal when I started this blog was not to only share activities we did, but also our regular day to day happenings and feelings. Unfortunately, I've let the real stuff slide.

I find myself wondering why I leave unpleasant things out. Like why did I not mention that John I were arguing for a good portion of our trip to McCall. Why did I not blog about the time I was so frustrated with my calling I was brought to tears. Why didn't I blog about taking Ains out of dance because we just couldn't afford it. Why didn't I blog about being so frustrated with the kids that I just locked myself in my room. Sometimes I think it's easier to just leave the unpleasantries out, but then my record wouldn't be accurate.

I blog so that I have a record for my family. I will print it out eventually and make it into a book. I want it to be something that my children and grandchildren can look at for years to come. And when they do read what I've written, I want them to see all of the fun things that we've done, but I also want them to remember that we were a real, normal family with hardships and trying times. I love hearing about other people's struggles because it makes me feel more normal. I need to share the normal part of me too. So there you have it...my goal is to make my blog a more accurate representation of what's happening with our family, good and bad.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Jess you're awesome! I edit so people think I'm a better wife/ mother/person than I am, (you've lived with me, so you know...). But I loved this email, so maybe I'll have to give it a try too. Yours is one of my fave blogs to read and I can't wait to see what's coming.

Aimee said...

I think it is a good idea! It helps to get it out but also to know that other people go through the same or similiar stuff.

shellydinger said...

I absolutely feel more normal when I can see others struggling. That sounds like such a horrible thing to say, but I'm glad you know what I mean. I once found a journal of my moms where she just vented about all the kids she had and how hard everything was. It really helped me appreciate her so much more. Bring on the drama!

Anonymous said...

Jess, I totally agree with you and have thought about this very thing in regards to my own blog.

Maybe I will get the courage after reading yours! :)

**KT

The Marshall Family said...

amen.

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the insight. I think I may just have to adopt your idea. Here's to the good, the bad, and the ugly!