Friday, January 30, 2009

Eye Doctor

Today I finally visited the eye doctor in an attempt to get rid of my headaches. I have a bad astigmatism in my right eye and will only be required to wear a contact in that eye. So far, still blurry. However, the doctor told me that due to my astigmatism, the contact will require some fitting and I have to go in once a week after trying different kinds until we get it right. And, I only slightly embarrassed myself while trying to get the darn thing in and out for the first time. Let's just say that I had 2 other customers coaching me. Good times!

5 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

i remember those days, but how was getting it out??? i remember that being the hardest :)

SD and EJ said...

I would be exactly the same way if I tried to put contacts in. I keep putting off going to the eye doctor because I know he's going to make me get glasses and since I would rather do a lot of things than touch my eye, I really don't think I would get contacts, which means I would have to wear glasses. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Contacts for astigmatism are tricky. I think Steve went through about 4 different pairs before they finally got it right.

Anonymous said...

My hubby has an astigmatism in one of his eyes. He has never had to try on lots of different pairs. Weird. They just measured his eye and then gave him a pair......never had problems.

I am glad you are getting it fixed! Hopefully you won't have headaches anymore!

**KT

Elizabeth said...

Good luck! I remember it taking an hour the first time I put in contacts by myself. Of course, I was 12, but... :) Russ freaks out (blinks a thousand times) when he has to put eyedrops in (he doesn't have contacts), and it's kind of funny. But I'm not laughing at you...