Friday, January 23, 2009

We're Doing It!

Owen is now on his way to being fully potty trained. I haven't changed a poppy diaper in a while now, so why not. That is my biggest hang up, no potty training for me until I am sure I will not be dealing with poop (sorry to be unpleasant, but it's true!). Today is day 2 of our adventure. Yesterday we went through 7 pairs of underwear, however I was pumping the kid so full of juice and pink milk that he had more success than accidents. I'm pretty sure it's his awesome glow in the dark Iron Man underwear that is bringing us so much luck. We've had no accidents as of yet this morning. Way to go Owen!!! And good-bye diapers!

I must admit though, that I'm hoping this goes quickly. I'm already a little stir crazy. We've only been home a full 24 hours now (sometimes we go for days without leaving the house) but I think that knowing that I CAN'T go anywhere somehow makes me a little crazy. We have already watched as much TV as we usually do in a matter of a week. Good thing I have DVR (which I am loving by the way). Good thing it's Friday, and tomorrow I have someone to tag team with. As for today, another day of a lot of TV and a lot of juice!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

i knew that you would love the dvr. congrats on geting owen potty trained that is a huge step. here is to dry and mess free underwear and getting to leave the house soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, potty training is a blast isn't it?!?! Good luck with it all. You will be so happy when your done! Diaper free!

**KT

SD and EJ said...

I'm so jealous. I still have years ahead of me of changing diapers. And how cool is glow in the dark underwear?!

Kohl said...

Being diaper free is totally worth the pain of a few days of potty training. I love not having to buy diapers. Good luck with the continued training. It sounds like it is going really well.

mama donk aubri jo said...

i need to learn about the whole poop part, both boys so far have given me poop problems during the training, not so much fun :) good luck!!!!