Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some partyin' goin' on...

I am now the mother of a 5 year old. Crazy. Ains had two days of birthday fun this year. She got an early birthday presents from my parents and Syd and got to go to the mall on Monday to go to Build a Bear. My mom and Syd surprised her and picked her up in the afternoon and took her. She had no idea where she was going. She had so much fun. She came home with a bear she named Ella. We are all very happy to have a new member of the family.
On Tuesday she had a day of parties. I decided that we should just have one crazy day rather than spread it all out. She had preschool in the morning where she got to take a treat and have a little party. And then she came home and we did a little party with her friends. I made John take a day off of work so that he could help me. We did a polka-dot party. We had polka-dot every thing. Polka-dot pinata, polka dot games, (musical dots, bingo, and twister scramble) polka-dot food (grapes, circle sandwiches, and chips) and a house full of polka-dots on every wall.
I was pretty proud of how my polka-dot cupcakes turned out. Cute, eh?

That afternoon she had dance and then we had a little family gathering with my parents. She chose Sante-Fe chicken for dinner (a chicken,black bean, and rice concoction) and then we opened presents and had cake. She got a little puppet show stage and some puppets from John and I that we got at IKEA when we were in Salt Lake over Thanksgiving.
She told me that she wanted a heart shaped cake with polka-dots on it and strawberry frosting. I obliged and made her a Valentines day looking cake, which she didn't like. Turns out she doesn't like strawberry frosting.
She was really cute and happy (most of the day) and she was her ever grateful self. She is my favorite person ever to watch open presents. She is excited and grateful no matter what she gets. Although there was a moment of disappointment when she opened her puppet stage from the back side and it looked like an empty box. My little girl is getting older and older, and she 's getting the sass to prove it. (But I'll save those stories for another post!)

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Fun!! Those are very cute polka dot cupcakes and heart cake. I think every little kid in the world loves Build A Bear. I love Ains and I so wish we saw you guys more! I'm glad she had a good birthday.

mama donk aubri jo said...

happy birthday Ains! sounds like one fun busy day, i am very impressed with the polka dot theme. so about the bilibo. it looks so random, but it is an award winning swedish imagination inspiring toy. You can find them on Amazon, I bet Ains would love it and find a million and one uses for it. Check it out on Amazon or google it.

shellydinger said...

Polka Dots! And are those upside down chocolate chips on your cupcakes? Seriously, how do you come up with your party ideas? They are amazing. It looks so unique and fun. Happy Birthday Ainsley! Sante Fe Chicken is one of our favorites too.

Colleen said...

happy birthday to ains. what a great idea to do a polka dot them. how fun. great job. now go take a nap.

Melanie said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I am amazed at your cake-decorating ability! That heart cake is super cute. Happy birthday Ainsley!!!

Dinger said...

So cute, you went all out. Happy Birthday Ains!!

Val said...

She's so cute! I agree, it's totally weird to have a 5-year-old!