Monday, January 12, 2009

You're Welcome!

Saturday will now and forever be known as one of the best day's in John's life. I finally relented and let the poor guy order dish. We have managed to not pay for TV our entire marriage (technically we had to pay $7 a month for the first 4 months of our marriage to get local channels, but I don't count that). We had always managed free cable until we moved here. So for the last 3 years, it's been rabbit ears and a crummy picture.

And now, because I am a loving wife, and because our tax return will pay off our car, John will now have all he as ever dreamed of; ESPN, DVR, and a clear picture...it doesn't get much better than that! What's funny is that he made a diagram for me to point out the pro's and con's of both Dish and Direct TV and then after he called to order it he informed me that he would be carrying around the little flier that lists all of the channels we will be getting until the set-up guys come on Saturday. I have a feeling I'm going to have a fun week of hearing about all the shows I can DVR and what I will be watching for the next month.

13 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

you are HYSTERICAL!

and, you and I think alike. i'm still fighting the fight. wish me luck.

though, i do think i'd like dvr. i don't watch much t.v. but when i do miss a show i wanted to see i pine for dvr. enjoy it!

Val said...

I guess it's too late to talk you guys out of it, but did you ever get one of those digital converter boxes? It made our picture soooo good and we get tons of channels now. A DVR would be nice, though.

The Black Widow said...

DVR will change your life. Trust me, this is a good move.

Colleen said...

dvr is the best thing ever. it seems like i am never home or there are two shows that play at the same time that i want to watch. dvr is great. on a day that i have off or if i'm sick or something i can watch all my favorite shows. i think you will grow to love it.

shellydinger said...

I agree. DVR is the best invention since t.v. itself. Give it awhile and you'll be wondering how you ever survived with out it. I'm curious to see that list as well.

SD and EJ said...

I am SO jealous! I told EJ as soon as he gets a real job, Tivo (or DVR) is the third thing we're getting. The first is a house and the second is a dog.

Ashlee said...

Yahoo for John!! Don't worry Jess, you will LOVE it. I think I actually watch less TV with the DVR. Now you and John can watch The Office in peace and won't have to worry about getting the kids down in time.

Dinger said...

You will spend less time watching TV because you don't have to watch anymore commercials!! I know John will be in heaven. . .just how in the heck did he lose 13 lbs in one week???

The Marshall Family said...

That is too funny, since we talked about it last Monday, Mike has also decided that he is sick of not having it and is getting it!

David said...

Welcome to the 21st century, John!

Heather I. said...

Oh congrats. But, now that you have DVR, you'll never be able to live without it. I'm completely hooked and I love it!

Melanie said...

So which did you choose, DirecTV or Dish?

I agree with everyone else's comments... DVR is the best invention ever. Better than indoor plumbing. Better than airplanes. Your life is about to change forever!

Did John really lose 13 pounds in one week? I think you need to blog the details!

mama donk aubri jo said...

about that 13 pounds, its not fair, guys don't have babies :( anywho, serisously ditto ditto and ditto about dvr. i cannot watch live tv anymore, i sit there trying to fast forward it and nothing happens :) best way to watch anything, dvr :)