Monday, February 2, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

It all started last night.

Owen had been sick for a couple of days with a nasty cough and a bit of a fever. He asked to go to bed around 6:00 last night. He looked miserable so I just put him to bed.

At 10:00 John went to check on Owen noticed that the room smelled like urine. I, being the genius mother that I am, had put him to bed in his underwear. After giving him a lot of juice to drink. Need I say more.

Poor Owen had to be woken up, given a bath, and then put back in a make shift bed.

John threw a load of sheets into the washer and we went to bed.

This morning I woke up early to go to the gym and realized I wasn't feeling to hot. I went back to bed.

Owen and I slept in until 9:00 this morning while poor Ainsley had to fend for herself.

I finally got around to finishing Owen's laundry around 11:00. I shoved his comforter into the washer, even though I knew it was too full.

Ainsley asked me why the floor was all wet.

I spent the next hour trying to get up all the water that I could out of the carpet.

I eventually ran out of towels, even though the carpet was still wet.

I had to pull out the washer and dryer and clean behind them...all by myself.
I still have no towels, my carpet is still wet, Owen still has a makeshift bed, I still feel crummy, but the floor under my washer and dryer are clean.

No comments: