Friday, February 20, 2009

Silence

We had a RARE occurrence today. Okay, more than a rare occurrence, a first time occurrence that will never happen again (is there a fancy word for that that I'm not aware of?). Today as the kids and I were eating lunch there was a distinct moment of silence. There was no TV, no music, both children AWAKE, and yet there was a moment of no sound. I looked at Ains and she looked at me, I started counting because I knew this moment was special and I wanted to time it. Our moment of silence was for about 10 seconds. It was amazing!!!! I don't expect it to ever happen again. Awake children and silence are like oil and water. In order for them to mix there must be an outside force such as TV. How's that for scientific?

5 comments:

Aimee said...

LOL!!! That's awesome! As I type this, Tyson is crying because he has to clean his room and doesn't want to. Macie is crying because she wants to play with his toys that are scattered all over the room and he isn't letting her! Oh, the joy of having kids!

I am glad you cherished your moment of silence! You are very lucky! :) Hehehe

The Marshall Family said...

I know exactly what you are talking about!

mama donk aubri jo said...

serious paranormal circumstance! i am jealous :)

Lisa-Marie said...

So, what were you eating?!?!?! Maybe that is the secret ingredient. Whatever it was....we are having it tomorrow!!!!!

I love that you counted. HYSTERICAL!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday Jessica!!! I hope you're having a great day!