Thursday, February 12, 2009

Terrible two's, terrible five's????

I have great kids. Really I do. But, at times they drive me CRAZY!!!!


The phrases that currently (and commonly) come out of our 2 year old's mouth are...

"STOP IT!"
"NO!"

"(Insert any other phrase here to represent something wanted, such as, I want a gummy bear)!"
Repeat this phrase over and over, at least 100 times.

All are said very loudly and with great expression.


A few phrases from our sassy and full of attitude 5 year old are...

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK!"
(The above questions are not asked in a questioning tone. They are yelled in a "surely you have no idea what you are talking about" tone.)

What parent doesn't love to hear things like that on a daily basis?

5 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Doesn't it ever make you laugh when Ains says that stuff, though? (Of course, it makes me laugh because it's not coming from my own child on a daily basis).

jessica said...

It's funny when I retell it...not in the moment! :)

The Marshall Family said...

I totally know how you feel. Read my last post.

Sheri said...

I guess I'm not the only one posting on kid woes. Bryce likes to yell things at me like, "What of the heck are you talking about?" Lovely.

mama donk aubri jo said...

everything is funny after the fact, I guess that is a good thing right??? love the yellingness, sounds like my house too :)