Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kindergarten is Coming!!!


Today I took Ains to her school to register for kindergarten. She's been excited to go all week. So today she got to go do all her screening tests and meet a few members of the faculty. I think she loved being there. I learned a few things about her while I was there (some of them I already knew but they became more prominent as I watched her in comparison to other kids)....

She is very bright!

She is NOT shy.

She is going to love homework. She has been obsessed with doing her "homework packet" to get ready for kindergarten.

She is not the most coordinated child on the earth (okay, she's kind of uncoordinated)...but she tries very hard.

She has my eyes (color and problems). When they did her eye screening she wasn't seeing out of her left eye. One perfect eye, one fuzzy eye. Sometimes it's not good to be like mom. I see an optometrist visit in our future!

She will be a GREAT kindergartner!

Is it weird that I was annoyed in her assessment that they didn't mark that she identified a rectangle correctly. When I realized the mistake I was kind of annoyed about it and I thought about how weird I would sound if I called the school to make the correction. I'm not gonna lie...the thought did cross my mind.

6 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I can't believe she's old enough to go to kindergarten! And I'm really uncoordinated too, but I still found sports and stuff that I was good at. She is also probably the cutest future-kindergartner in her school.

(And about the comment you left on my blog: there is nothing wrong with her knowing a bunch of those Gilmore Girls characters; that just shows what a good mother you are for introducing her to the things that really matter in life).

Aimee said...

Can you believe our "BABIES" are going to Kindergarten in 5 months?? I registered Tyson about 1 month ago, I still can't believe it!

Yanira said...

I get to register Niko in about a week. I am so excited for him but sad that my baby is going to be in kindergarten in the fall!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Ainsley is going to love kindergarten,.....she reminds me so much of my oldest, who does love school. In fact, she is usually really sad if she doesn't get to go. (Shows you how much fun we are at home, doesn't it.)

Your gunna love it too. ;)

**KT

Alene said...

Were you surprised that she's very bright? I'm pretty sure she'll be coming out of kindergarten with a fairly high reading level.

Sheri said...

I laughed so hard about wanting to call the school back. I totally don't blame you, what injustice. : ) Sounds like she's headed in the right direction and will be one of those sweet, darling girls in a class who is a good helper and loves school. You're a blessed mother! And a GOOD one, too.