Sunday, January 17, 2010

2 Months

This is a little late (like 8 days late, which is a long time when babies are concerned). But Emmie is now 2 months old. We had her appointment last week. She is now 10 lb 8 oz. and 24 inches long. Growing nicely I'd say! She has got to be one of the happiest and social babies I know. She just waits for someone to look at her and as soon as they do she has a big smile waiting for them. The nurse and doctor couldn't help but smile and talk to her instead of me as she cooed and smiled at them. The doctors prediction for Emmie is that she will always be tall and skinny because she is always moving. I'm still hoping she will be the calm member of our family. Emmie has been a joy to have in our home. I love how happy she is. It always makes my day when she smiles and talks to me, even when I'm exhausted. Because, even though she is amazingly happy, she is not an amazing sleeper. Hopefully time with fix that.
Our only concern for her at this point is the skin (membrane maybe) in her mouth (you know the one right above your 2 front teeth that is at the top of your gums...I'm really not describing this well). Well hers is really low. It comes all the way down to the bottom of her gums, like where her teeth will come in. The doctor said most likely she will fall at some point and it will split. And if that doesn't happen, it can be clipped if it ever interferes with her teeth or causes any problem. So, that might be a fun adventure one day...but we'll just let it go for now.

3 comments:

EJ said...

She is so super cute! I think Ash will always be skinny for the same reason. I'm so happy for you that you got a good, happy baby. Hopefully my next one will be too. :)

Elizabeth said...

What a cutie!! I feel your pain with the whole "not an amazing sleeper" thing -- we are still hoping to get Davis on a better schedule...and he's 8 months!!

Brooke said...

That is such a cute picture! And she seriously is the smiliest baby I've ever seen. Was she what, a week old or 10 days the first time I saw her and she was already smiling? I swear it's true!