Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How we celebrated 6 years of life

This year was Ainsley's year for a family party so she got to choose a family activity. She chose miniature golf. We went to the only indoor miniature golf place here that just happened to be a black light place. We went on Monday since the kids were out of school and John would be able to join us that day. Kort brought her kids and my mom ended up coming too.

I think she had a good time even though she doesn't look like it at all!

On her actual birthday we had cake and ice cream with the cousins and grandparents.

The lovely cake...chocolate on chocolate was the request this year. With purple stars. I think she was a little disappointed that I added a few white ones, but she's nice so she would never say that.

Sadly the luggage I got Ains was a little overshadowed by her other awesome gifts. (I found some really cheap on line a while ago and so I got it for her, even though I knew it was super boring. But, hey, we needed luggage.)
Her most favorite gift was the awesome guitar from my parents. They were able to order one for her and got her a book to help teacher her. Apparently I'm the teacher...should be fun!
Notice the crown that she insisted on wearing covering her eyes so she could barely see. :)
She got lots of fun toys and presents. She asked for operation and a bike bell, and her parents came through there! I also got her a journal. I remember my first journal entry at Ainsley's age...it was a picture of my house. She is starting to write stories and such, so I decided that it would be fun for her to be able to write about her days. It will also be fun for me to read...just kidding I would never do that, I don't think!

3 comments:

EJ said...

If I lived there, even I would try to read her journal. :)

shellydinger said...

A guitar for her birthday?! She has got to be the coolest 6-year-old ever. If you scanned her journal entries in so that everyone could see them, do you think she would notice? Because that would be awesome.

Heather I. said...

Happy birthday, Ainsley! That is awesome you went to the golf place, I remember seeing one of those in WA a few years ago and couldn't get over how funny I thought it was...