Sunday, January 10, 2010

Moments of the day

I'm a real slacker blogger lately. I'm unhappy because there have been several things that have happened that I wanted to write down and remember...and I haven't. And now I'll probably forget. Somehow I have absolutely no time. Hopefully in the next year or so things will calm down a bit.

Anywho..............here are a few random things about today.

1. Ainsley's quote of the day. Said in family prayers, "Please bless the staple that was in Judea." (Yes, she calls the stable the staple. I don't want to correct her just yet, because I laugh a little every time she says it.

2. Owen made me a proud mother today when I walked by the primary room and he was sitting on the front row very still with his arms folded. That's my boy!!! Needless to say, church was much less eventful today.

3. All through sacrament meeting Owen kept asking when he got to go sit up on the stand. He is really looking forward to the primary program. I tried to explain that first he had to learn some songs and then he could go up. He informed me that he already knew some songs and that he would like to go up right now. Funny kid.

On a complete side note, I got a new calling today. I was released as provident living leader. There are parts of it that I will miss, but I am really excited about my new calling. Achievement Day leader. How awesome is that calling? Two days a month, fun activities with older girls, get to relax at church. I hope my dreams aren't shattered once I actually begin my new calling because right now it sounds pretty awesome.

But what it more awesome is all the drama that surrounded my release. I'd love to know the whole story, because I'm nosy. But, all I do know is that my release and call were not approved by the right people before it happened and there was some anger during sacrament meeting when it was announced. Interesting..... My guess is that once the counselor in the bishopric who is over me saw that Kortney was my sister last week at the blessing, he put the wheels in motion to get me released. Because he still dislikes her from their run-in with each other when they both worked at RC Willey. That, or he realized I was not the gung-ho food storage lady that he felt should be in my calling. Or I'm totally wrong, which I most likely am, but wouldn't that make for a good story?!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I hope you find out more about your release -- I love good church gossip!

SD and EJ said...

What was their run-in at RC Willey? Please share. I love stuff like this.

How cute is Ains? So super cute. And Owen is hilarious. If only every kid in primary was that excited for the primary program.

I think achievement day leader would be so much fun. I bet the girls will love you!

Melanie said...

Ooh, I love church gossip too!

Achievement Days is my ideal calling (although I've never gotten to serve there) -- you do fun stuff, and girls that are old enough to be excited about things but not so old that they have bad attitudes. Lucky you!

The Marshall Family said...

Fun new calling. Was there gasping and chomping of teeth when you were released?