Thursday, January 28, 2010

Comedian???

Owen learned to tell jokes awhile ago, and since then they have turned into quite the conversation piece. He usually throws in a joke when he is trying to stall or change the subject.

For example, one morning he woke up WAY to early and John was trying to get him to go back to bed. He tried to distract us by saying, "Why did the dog cross the road?" He is then persistent until you say why. And then the answer comes, "because he saved the world."
The joke is always the same, and I hear it several times a day. Like when John or I are trying to get out the door he'll start screaming, "BUT WHY THE DOG CROSS THE ROAD????!!!"
Good thing he's stuck on such an awesome joke!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I'm loving the little quotes and stories you are posting. Keep them coming!

Dancing Queen said...

Hey Jess, just caught up on your blog . .. haven't been reading blogs since Oct. with the house buying, moving, settling,etc., but even though I'm late, Congrats on little Emmie. What a cutie. I'm glad your family is doing well, and I hope Owen is being less defiant lately. you should look up "Parent, child interaction therapy." See if they have itin your area. I did it with Angel when we were going through the worst of it with him. Not that he isn't defiant now, but it helped me as a parent. If you're interested, email me, and I'll explain a little about it. Anyway, it's fun reading of your little adventures. have a greatday!