Friday, November 19, 2010

Gross!!!!!!

Today we kicked off our Thanksgiving break. I still can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the kids will be out of school for 10 consecutive days. And all in the name of Thanksgiving?

Anyways, for our first (and possibly only) outing I took the kids to Bounce with some friends. A play area with 8-10 bounce houses and a velcro wall set up. The kids loved it and we spent 3 hours there. I thought the highlight was going to be Owen jumping on the velcro wall in his velcro suit and sticking high enough that he fell down into his suit and was stuck to the wall, completely engulfed in his suit, until he was rescued. But Emmie wanted to be the star of the show.

She wasn't to keen on bounce at first. I even carried her through the obstacle course thinking that might be fun. She didn't like it. She was clinging to me for life.....

Until she started to feel comfortable in her new surroundings........

Then she started acting like herself. Wandering around the entire area. Assuming that everyone there loved her. Which most of them did. She's just so happy that random strangers would all comment on her adorableness when I would retrieve her. She wandered into the party room several times. I'm sure she was just trying to figure out why she hadn't been invited. So, my point is, everyone in the place loved her. And there were a lot of people there.

Until...............

She met the lady sitting at the table next to us. And while most people are forgiving of Emmie because she's so darn cute. This time Emmie pushed her boundaries. Not only did she dig in this poor strangers diaper bad SEVERAL times. She ultimately (within seconds I might add) walked over to her bag, grabbed the binky that was laying there, and stuck it in her mouth!!!!

Can you say gross!

I was appalled and embarrassed. This poor woman had a crying baby but didn't dare put the tainted binky into it's mouth. And Emmie could have possible made her first enemy.
At least the kid she shared binkies with looked relatively clean.

And just for fun, here's a picture I found of Emmie with her binky.

2 comments:

EJ said...

Why is there not a picture of Owen on the velcro wall?!! I am laughing so hard picturing him up there.

That is gross about the binky, but I'm sure most kids have put much grosser things in their mouths. :)

Anonymous said...

10 days! Seriously! That is crazy.....we get 3 here. Not sure if I'm jealous or not! :)

**KT

(And I don't think cute Emmie could ever get an enemy.)