Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If at first you don't succeed.

I had so many pictures of all of our Halloween festivities lined up to blog about. I attempted uploading them about 9 million times. Failing each time. I don't know if it was my problem or not, but I'm choosing to think not. And when I thought, "Aw, to heck with it!" A small miracle occurred and now generations to follow will be informed of the amazing Halloween of 2010....just in a condensed form because I didn't even attempt to add the hundreds of pictures I had planned on sharing.....That being said......Happy Halloween!
I love this picture because they all look worried. Owen was having such a hard time holding his "big and honkin' " pumpkin.
This year we had a Mulan. Who kept being mistaken for a geisha. And that kind of creeped me out. Maybe it was that she wanted to be in full costume. She was recreating the scene from the beginning of Mulan where she gets gussied up by the match maker. But really, isn't it more fun to have hair and make-up done for Halloween?
Owen was our little storm trooper. Hopefully this will be our last year with a mask. He realized about 2 minutes after putting it on that while a mask looks cool, it is a pain to wear.
And Emmie was our cute little chicken.
And last but not least....
This year I had a moment that caused me panic. When I was helping with Ainsley's class party and the kids lined up for the picture below, she was standing against the wall when her "boyfriend" Lane (he's the boy dressed up as a nerd in the back row) came up and put his arm around her.
We have found several love notes from Lane in Ainsley's backpack. And I caught Ains writing what I assume is a song about Lane. I need to scan it. But for the time being the gist of it was, 'Oooo Lane, do you see me? Oooo Lane do you hear me? Do you even know my name?" Etc.
So, I knew that she and Lane had something special. Although then never talk to each other in class or outside. But for some reason, when I saw him put his arm around her. It freaked me out a little. I could just picture her as a teenager with boys and boyfriends. I'm just hoping we can avoid those years altogether. because I'm thinking I won't handle it well.
Even though the events surrounding the taking of this picture freaked me out....her class still looks pretty cute.

2 comments:

EJ said...

I love elementary school boyfriend stories!! Although I probably won't when it's Ash. Your kids look super cute and the pumpkins are awesome!

Kohl said...

Love your kids costumes. They looked great!