Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Emmie!

A year ago today I was in the hospital with this little one. While sometimes I miss the little newborn that would let me hold her and would sleep so soundly in my arms for hours, I love the fun spunky toddler that Emmie has become.

Here are a few fun facts about Emmie....

She loves to eat cardboard, paper, and cotton balls.

She never sits still.

She's not much of a snuggler, moments where she wants to sit on my lap are rare.

She loves to follow around Ains and Owen. When they are chasing each other she giggles and runs along with them thinking she's apart of their game.

She still loves her binky and is happiest when she has one in her mouth and one in her hand. I love it when we'll be missing her binky and then a few hours later she'll suddenly be walking around with the darn thing in her mouth.

She can wave good bye.

The closest thing to a word she sporadically says is "uh, oh"

She loves to laugh and is very silly.

She is the type of baby that loves all people and assumes all people lover her (which they usually do:)

I don't know that she has a favorite food, her pallet changes daily. But she will almost always eat sweet potatoes or graham crackers.

She has 7 teeth poking through her gums at the current moment.

She loves Ainsley dearly.

She loves to climb on the banana chair.

She likes to listen to music and dance.

If we ever can't find Emmie it's likely she has shut herself in a room and is getting into trouble.

Her favorite toy is my tube of gel. And I'm pretty sure she's eaten a good amount of it. She's very sneaky and will sneak into my room and get it if we ever forget to shut my bedroom door.

She is finally sleeping through the night...usually.

And now in true Emmie fashion, here is a video from a couple weeks ago with Emmie walking around with her finger in her ear.


2 comments:

EJ said...

She has the cutest laugh! Happy birthday, Emmie!

Ashlee said...

I love her chunkyness. She is darling. Seeing her walk makes me excited for Lily to walk. Call me crazy.