Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our latest

John took some pictures of some friends of ours last weekend. And while the pictures were okay, it was the edits that saved them. Photoshop is an amazing thing.
In the family picture we lightened a super dark shadow on the dad's face. Before you couldn't see his left eye. I extended all the trees on the right side of the picture, and then we played with the coloring and darkened the edges.
This picture was really cute as is. So we just changed the coloring to match the family picture. John also took shots of each of the kids individually which also turned out really nice.
Not to toot my own horn or anything....but I think with our combined efforts...we're getting pretty good. And by pretty good I mean good enough to take pictures of people for free (so that there is no expectation) and if they do happen to turn out nice it's just a pleasant surprise!

3 comments:

EJ said...

You guys are getting really good! I think every time you come to Utah, I'm going to beg you to take our family picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Jess! Nice work!

**KT

Dancing Queen said...

Looking good! I'd have like your picture taking skills before, but now that you've offered, I think you ought to come to UT and we'll all line up . =)