Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our not so boring weekend...

So our weekend held some unexpected surprises for us. Heaven forbid we have a dull moment around here! The fence was stained and done by noon on Saturday. And we only had to go back to Lowe's once for an additional 2 gallons of stain. We actually bought 2 gallons less than they said we might need, just to stay positive, but alas, they were right. And now, although our fence is still in horrible shape, it's all the same color and looks a bit better.
Since we were so productive in the morning we went ahead and invited friends over to watch the BSU game that night. And then, less than an hour before friends were to arrive, and just after John had run to the store to get a few items of food for the evening, Owen ran into the house screaming. With blood gushing down his leg. Literally gushing. Notice his little blood foot prints that went through the garage and into the house.

He stood there on the carpet with blood pouring out of his knee. I grabbed him and put him into the sink to try to figure out where all the blood was coming from. I soon found a teeny tiny little cut in his knee. It was incredibly deep though. Once he had calmed down and the bleeding had slowed down he was able to tell us (I can say us because while I was stopping bleeding I called John and told him to get home immediately because there was blood everywhere. He came home a little freaked out.) that he had fallen while riding on his scooter and a little rock got stuck in his knee and he pulled it out and then ran inside. He also got his scooter in the garage amid the chaos. I informed him that if he was ever that hurt again to just leave his bike or scooter etc. in the road if he had to and just get inside.

His wound healed up nicely, and we were actually able to have a fun night with friends.

And then Sunday morning brought more unexpected adventures. I woke up with a nasty stomach flu that has been making the rounds here. I was miserable and literally spent the entire day in bed. John even locked me in an attempt to keep the germs from spreading and to give me a break from the kids. John was a trooper and did church by himself and then entertained, fed, and took care of the kids and me all day. On Monday I was still really weak and he took the kids to a bounce house place for a couple hours so I could nap and then we took the kids swimming at my parents so the kids wouldn't drive us crazy.

It was an incredible weekend. And like I always say (or like I'm going to start always saying) if you're going to get sick, do it on a weekend when you have some help. I don't think I could have survived this one while taking care of the kids. John was a life saver.

And that concludes our not so boring weekend....

2 comments:

EJ said...

So gross. Blood coming from your kids is scary. I'm glad he's okay! Sorry about the flu. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no fun Jess. Hope everyone is doing better.

kt