Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Something I re-learned today

Preparedness pays off!
And not just in a food storage sort of way. But more of a, " your day will be much better if you put the effort in to be prepared."
Case in point....
The worst part of my day seems to be between 4:00-8:00. This is for many reasons. Emmie wakes up from her nap around 3:30. This in and of itself is not bad, but this also is typically Emmie's grumpy time of day. Ainsley gets home from school. Homework must be done. Someone usually needs to be getting ready to go somewhere. Dinner is in need of preparation. And clean up. Someone always needs a bath. Etc. It's just a chaotic time of day. And it's kind of new territory for me. I feel like we're just starting the "busy because we're running years", as opposed to the "busy because we have baby years".
Yesterday was no different. Emmie woke up unhappy and cried at my ankles for hours. Ains came home with more homework than usual. Including finding a river rock the size of her fist to paint. The next day. seriously? I don't keep large rocks on hand. Owen had soccer. And I had a baby shower to get to. John and I were both running. And there was lots of crying and yelling. Most of the crying was done by Emmie. They yelling was done by all of us trying to be heard over Emmie.
I'm proud to say that I learned my lesson and was a little more prepared today. Normally I wouldn't have been, but I found myself with a little extra time on my hands because I wasn't able to work during the afternoon because the website was down. So instead I did all of the dinner prepwork. Made afterschool snacks. Laid out soccer clothes for this evening. And now, because I was prepared, I sit here updating my blog.
Ahhhh. Today life is good. Tomorrow maybe not so much. Unless I can remember how nice this moment is. But let's face it, sometimes there's just too much to do during the day to "stage" the perfect night.

No comments: