Thursday, September 29, 2011

Some Excitement....

Rewards come in all shapes and sizes. Last Tuesday Ainsley was rewarded for taking the garbage out with an awesome slice on the back of her leg from a can that had been thrown away.
After about 45 minutes of trying to get it closed up on our own, talking with a nurse on the phone, and stopping the bleeding, we decided that a trip to urgent care was going to be necessary.
If you were to ask Ainsley now she would tell you that urgent care is a lot of fun. There are popsicles, smarties, and nurses attending to your every need. At the time however she was very nervous and there where many tears shed when they had to numb her leg to put in the stitches.
I was glad we ended up taking her in. They gave her 7 stitches and I was glad we ended up taking her in because the doctor explained that the reason I had such a hard time stitching it up was because the cut had gone through all her layers of skin and the skin on the leg is really thick and hard to get it to come back together. So now we just wait while she heals. And she gets to have them taken out next week. Quite the adventure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Ainsley! My daughter had to have 5 stitches in her head last week and my oldest daughter had to have 7 stitches in her chin when she was younger. Fun times. Glad she's doing better now.

kt

Alene said...

That's a pretty big cut.

EJ said...

Tell Ains it looks so cool!

shellydinger said...

That looks so painful! (and I'm so happy you took a picture leaving the dr. I love that.)I think she should be excused from taking out the garbage ever again. You are super brave Ains!

shellydinger said...

totally random comment: I think Ainsley has THE most beautiful hair ever.

SD and EJ said...

I second Shelly's comment. I've always thought Ains has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen.

Sheri said...

I was thinking the same thing about Ainsleys hair. It's gorgeous! And this post made me think that she is lucky to have a mom who knows all about stitches in the back of the leg:)