Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baloon Animals

Last week Owen decided that he wanted to use his money to buy a balloon air pump and the balloons to make balloon animals.  And so he did, because he's a natural spender.  In one week he has made about 100 balloon animals/accessories.  I know this because his bag of 100 balloons is nearly gone.  As long as this kids hands are busy he's a happy camper.  Balloon animals are right up his alley along with his origami and his paper airplanes. 

On a side note, after Owen spent his money he started realizing that his funds were quickly depleting.  He came to me the other day with  a plan to make more money.  Now, keep in mind that I have offered him allowance if he would do certain jobs around the house.  And he has made it clear that he is absolutely not interested in making money by working in that way.  His plan involved setting up carnival type games that kids would come pay him to play.  When I told him that his friends should be able to come play for free he told me that their moms could just give them money so they could come play. 

He also then got mad at me when I wouldn't give him money to play his game.  I told him that I wanted to save my money and he got really mad and told me that I needed to spend my money on something!  Crazy kid.  I hope he keeps his entrepreneurial mind...but also gains a dose of willingness to work!

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

If he's going to spend money, that's a pretty cool thing to spend money on.

shellydinger said...

James and I agree, we think that is the coolest thing ever! Tell him to get good enough that he can be hired for parties - then he won't have to charge his friends to play :)