Saturday, May 19, 2012

Some of my current favorite things about Emmie...

  • She is still *typically* super pleasant. My favorites are when she is super disappointed/crying and I still get a , “OK, mom.” Out of her.

  • When you call her and she comes running yelling, “I coming!”
  • She makes me laugh…daily. The other day she made me laugh at dinner when she announced that her bum hurt. Then she stood after giving it some thought and said, “I need some medicine for my bum.” I must have the mind of a 5 year old boy because I couldn’t contain my laughter.
 
  • Every day she asks where dad is and then answers herself with another question, “Dad work?”  
  • One of her new favorite past times is talking on the phone. The other day I watched her have a long conversation on her Cinderella phone with her friend Suzanna. Her side of the conversation went something like this, “Hello….Okay….Okay…Okay…You come over? Okay….Okay….Okay…Bye.” She was cooking a very appetizing plastic meal in her little kitchen while having the conversation which made it that much more adorable.

  • She and Owen have a cute little friendship. I think it’s adorable when I find her in Owen’s bed in the morning (they seem to be partners in crime when it comes to waking up too early). Or when Owen helps her get off the trampoline. They still fight, like any good brother and sister should, but there is an underlying love there that I love. (And speaking of sibling argumentativeness….Ainsley and Owen’s fighting has gotten particularly extreme lately. So much so that the other night Ainsley woke up yelling in her sleep, “Owen! Stop it! Owen! No!!!! Owen!” John and I just laughed…and calmed Ainsley down of course)

  • Emmie is also a little sleep walker. It kind of creeps me out. Sometimes we will hear her playing out in the living room in the middle of the night. Or she’ll wake up crying on the couch because she doesn’t know where she is. One night she even carried her pillow into our bed…don’t know if she was awake for that one or not.

  • We also think she might be color blind. I don’t know how you tell if a 2 year old is color blind or not. But is seems that for how bright she is in other areas of her life, she should know a few colors by now. But when you ask her the color of something 90% of the time the answer is blue. And unfortunately she is only right about 2% of the time. It is really strange. I hope it’s just a fluke, but I guess only time will tell. For now it’s kind of cute…

  • Just today we were driving and she was pointing out all the parks (the strips of trees and grass along the busy streets. She was so pleased with her discovery of more and more parks everywhere we went. "That a park, that a park!"

  • She's very dramatic when she thinks something is yucky or gross. Another day while driving (apparently we do a lot of driving) she asked what was on the side of the road. (there was a big weedy field) I told her it was grass and weeds. She then exclaimed, "That yucky grass! Blech!"

  • She is also a terribly picky eater right now. If it's not dairy or candy of some sort there's a slim chance that it will be entering her body. But what is cute is how she insists that food is "Yucky, Blech!" and then begs for candy with a dramatic and drawn out, "Pah-leeeaaaase!"


  • She hates bugs. She committed the most violent killing of a rolly polly that I have ever seen. Ever. Let's just say she made sure it was dead.

What can I say we lover her!

4 comments:

Alene said...

We need pictures!!

SD and EJ said...

Please tell more details about the violent killing! My kids would love to be friends with her.

KT said...

ha ha ha.......I just love 2 year olds. They are the best.

Dancing Queen said...

Too cute. I agree, 2 is still mostly fun (it's 3 and 4 that get hard.)