Friday, May 4, 2012

First Love

I overheard a conversation in the car the other day as I was driving home kindergartners from school.  It was between Owen and his friend Clara.  It went a little something like this.

Owen: Clara, I love you.
Clara: (silence)
Owen:  I'm serious, I love you.
Clara :  What are you talking about?!

Owen then blows Clara a kiss....okay 3 kisses.

If we go back in time one day previous to this conversation we would see Owen and Clara playing the wii at our house.  Clara is pretty good at the wii.  Owen loves the wii.  This may or may not have something to do with his new found love.

Here is a picture of Clara.  John took their family pictures last year.  I love Clara because she is the most adorable little girl....but also the least photogenic person (possibly in the US.  I won't say the world because that might be taking it to far.)  I feel comfortable saying this because I've talked freely about it with her mother.  Who told me of a time when someone approached her and wanted to use Clara in a photo shoot.  She had to inform them that while her daughter was beautiful, they absolutely didn't want her to be in their photo shoot because the moment someone brings out a camera she immediately pulls her chin to her chest as she smiles.  But I think John got a pretty good picture of her :)

They would make a cute couple though, don't you think?

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

I seriously love that kid. Hilarious!